Energy efficiency is an ever-increasing requirement for building managers. Environmental experts agree that drastic reductions in carbon footprints are necessary. Tenants want to know that they are helping combat climate change. Finance directors want an impressive ROI. LEDs, motion sensors, and building management systems are doing their part. Yet, the need to do more with less while improving outcomes remains constant.
What’s the next step in making existing buildings smarter, more responsive, and efficient? Look up. The motors that power the fans in your HVAC systems use more than twice the energy of traditional lighting systems. Upgrading them with the Smart Motor System can deliver average energy savings of up to 65% with an ROI of less than three years – delivering results for your finance team, tenants, and the environment alike.
If that’s not compelling enough, the Smart Motor System can slow blower speeds of RTUs during off-peak hours or based on occupancy and it can be programmed to control lighting and other aspects of your building. Additional RTU Failure Detection functionality provides early warning of undesirable HVAC conditions. Minimize downtime, ensure optimal air quality and comfort, and save energy with the most efficient, reliable, and intelligent motor ever made.
Smart Motor System retrofits deliver even greater benefits than installing LEDs: REDUCING THE USE OF FAN MOTOR ENERGY BY 65% ON AVERAGE
- Aligns with increasingly more stringent energy codes
- Enables proactive and data-driven actions to optimize system operation
- Reduces electricity demand, driving down the need for fossil fuels
Why does the world need a smarter motor?
Electric motors and the systems they drive are the single largest electrical end-use, consuming twice as much as lighting.
U.S. Energy Information Administration (2011). Energy-efficiency Policy Opportunities for Electric Motor-driven Systems
WHY RETROFIT WITH TURNTIDE SMART MOTORS?
- Get 21st century RTU efficiency without replacing the whole system
- Drop-in fan motor replacement for HVAC systems
- Greater efficiency, serviceability, and dependability than VFDs
- Simple design; inherently reliable
- Integrated control and monitoring
- Seamlessly integrate into your Energy Management System (EMS), or easily program your own sensor controls
- Remote updates improve the system over time
- Compelling return on investment
The future requires smarter buildings. The Smart Motor System is taking us there.
The Smart Motor System is a drop-in for the outdated, inefficient induction motors that are pervasive in millions of HVAC systems around the world. It’s the first software-driven switched reluctance motor: the most efficient, reliable, and intelligent motor ever made.