Scalable electrification solutions for commercial and industrial vehicles
Tractor + Trailer
6T Commercial Truck
Turntide’s new lithium-ion modular battery solutions combine high-performance battery packs with system controllers for temperature and voltage measurement and internal cell balancing. The Turntide battery solution provides a flexible and scalable energy storage solution with nominal voltage ranges from 44V to 52V
and a standardized modular design.
Key Technical Features
- Integrated charger controls
- UN38.3 certified: approved for global shipping
- Rated capacity from 4.5 to 8 kWh
- Scalable: increase capacity without additional controllers
- High voltage: connect modular packs in series for systems up to 500V
- Environmental protection enclosure: fully plastic case (IP66)
- Battery housing to allow ease of mounting on at least 2 axis
- Air cooled with an option for liquid cooling
Scalable Inverters designed with a range of power and voltage levels to align with your machine electrification requirements
- Battery voltages supported 24V to 800V
- Power levels from 7kW to 350kW
- Air cooled and liquid cooled
- Power density to over 30kW/l and 32kW/kg
Turntide Gen5- Size 9 Inverter
The Gen5-S9 motor inverter is well-matched to satisfy low volume prototype requirements for On and Off- highway Electric and Hybrid Vehicles. It is specifically aimed at vehicle OEMs and system integrators to offer them a compact, lightweight, robust and cost- effective product for traction, hybridisation, power generation and sub-system electrification.
Turntide Gen4- HVLP10/20 Inverters
A range of high voltage, low power AC motor inverters designed primarily for the control of pumps and fans on hybrid and electric buses, agricultural implements, tractors and other high voltage vehicles. There are two models in the range, which cover both liquid cooled and air cooled designs. A compact, rugged and cost effective design, Turntide’s HVLP Inverter range is well suited for OEMs, hybrid/ electric bus & truck conversions, Agricultural OEMs and EV system integrators. The high voltage range is fully operational from 150V up to 800VDC.
Turntide Gen4- Size 2-4-6 Inverters
This range of Low Voltage motor controllers are highly reliable and are intended for on and off-highway electric vehicles. They have control functions to utilise the in-built I/O, or can operate as a CAN slave. Thanks to compact dimensions and high efficiency it is possible to integrate these controllers in difficult spaces without sacrificing performance. The optimised design delivers superior reliability in the most demanding applications.
Turntide DC/DC Converter (500W)
The latest isolated DC/DC converter from Turntide boasts 500W output power in the same package size as existing 300W converters; this is achieved by utilising a high efficiency topology which boasts >91% efficiency at a typical operating load of 75%.The 500W DCDC converter is designed to operate in the standard industrial temperature range of -40 ̊C to +85 ̊C and has many protection features such as input UVLO, input OVLO, input reverse polarity, inrush current, output short circuit and over temperature.
Turntide offers a range of permanent magnet axial flux motors based on proprietary technology. These innovative motors are perfectly suited to EV or hybrid applications that need high torque and a limited package space.
Coolant pumps and variable electronic fans deliver efficient operation in hybrid or electric vehicles.
- Proven reliability installed as standard on high profile hybrid trucks
- Inbuild CAN J1939 communication protocols for easy integration
- No-seal design ensures long-term reliability
KEY TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Pumps 24V to 48V
- 86l/min pump cooling rates
- 48V cooling fans (10’’ and 11’’ designs)
- Up to 3200m3 / hr fan flow rates
High flow electric
water pump 24V and 48V
- Variable speed control with integrated motor controller
- Diagnostics capability
- Integrated Power Electronics
- Long life, brushless, sensor-less motor
- Environmentally sealed (IP67)
- Fully reversible
- Best in class performance
- CAN controllable and diagnostics
Take the next step
Talk to our team to see how we can partner with you on a scalable electrification solution.Schedule Consult