“Smart buildings” and “smart cities” are materializing. These developing facilities are applying latest advances to achieve efficient automation and occupant support. This application of the Internet of Things (IoT) is a very hot topic for facility management. We are all interested to “jump on” and realize the positive benefits, but we need to understand the goals and the efforts must be planned.
The concepts of applying improved technology and incorporating machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to building operations and support sounds amazing, but how does one prepare for the evolution from existing to “smart” to “intelligent” and beyond? What options exist for buildings constructed 50 to 80 years ago?
Join us on April 28. This webinar will provide observations to help the facility managers assess the current conditions and devise a systematic approach that considers the progression to achieve a future state in advanced facility operations. Some ideas will be shared as a means to stimulate your reviews toward developing a plan—a road map to guide your efforts.
- The meanings—”smart” vs. “intelligent,” and IoT pursuits;
- The evolution of building technology, levels of building automation;
- What the foundational element that advances building technology is;
- How to consider cost vs. benefit, true value to demand organization, and risks vs. rewards;
- How to define the direction, the pace, and the resources needed to achieve the goals;
- Pesky details that must be considered and resolved; and
- What to do, when to act, and measuring results.