Turntide Signs The Climate Pledge to Achieve Net-Zero by 2040
Turntide Technologies is proud to have signed The Climate Pledge, a climate action initiative led by Amazon and Climate Optimism, alongside more than 200 business leaders dedicated to a sustainable future. As a signatory, we have committed to achieving net-zero emissions 10 years earlier than required by the Paris Agreement.
While the world must hit net-zero by 2050 to avoid the worst climate outcome, we believe that companies and organizations that can transition faster must transition faster. The world has just one decade remaining to radically reduce carbon emissions to avoid catastrophe, and Turntide is poised to be a vital part of this effort.
As a mission-driven company, this was an easy decision. Our mission is to transcend technology barriers to make every watt worthwhile for humanity, accelerating the transition to 100% clean energy, but that doesn’t stop with our products. Our customers expect us to pursue new opportunities wherever possible, and it only makes sense that we look internally to create a path to net-zero emissions for our own operations.
How We Will Honor Our Commitment
Through our development of sustainable operations technologies — including high-efficient electric motors and electrification solutions for commercial real estate, agriculture, and transport — Turntide will help impact the world’s consumption of energy and decarbonize some of the most challenging industries. To date, Turntide has saved nearly 110 million kWh of energy, roughly the equivalent of planting 49,500 acres of new forest.
As a mission-driven organization, we are also looking across our business units, workforce, and value chain partners to reduce carbon emissions while publicly advocating for climate action in society and within the industries we serve.
Over the next two decades, we will:
- measure and report greenhouse gas emissions on a regular basis.
- implement decarbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business change and innovations, including efficiency improvements, renewable energy, materials reductions, and other carbon emission-elimination strategies.
- take actions to neutralize any remaining emissions with quantifiable, permanent, and socially beneficial offsets.
Signing The Climate Pledge is just our first step toward a net-zero 2040. Make sure to check back here or follow our social media pages for updates on our specific goals and progress.
Rethink Sustainability: More Than a Boost to Your Bottom Line
During Climate Week NYC and only a few days after signing The Climate Pledge, Turntide hosted a webinar, Rethink Sustainability: More Than a Boost to Your Bottom Line, focused on the ways sustainable business practices can also boost profitability.
Our experts discussed:
- trends and motivators impacting sustainable building operations, including a heightened focus on indoor air quality and inconsistent occupancy due to COVID.
- why modernization and building automation are critical, especially in uncertain times.
- what’s possible with technology for sustainable operations.